Monday, December 31, 2012

Things to do in New York on a budget...

 It's New Years Eve today! Happy almost New Year!
____________________________



Dear David,
I live in New York. What are your suggestions for the things I might do in in the New Year to expand my life and make it more interesting? I don't have a lot of money.
~Going For It

Dear Going For It,
Number one, get stronger. Even if it's just walking around the block a couple of times everyday, or running outside if you can. Use the stairs everywhere possible. Get stronger all the time. You'll need it as your life gets more interesting!

How about meditating? I do twenty minutes every morning and it kind of balances you and prepares you for the day.

How about an adult education class? Particularly if you want to meet some new people. Something like Spanish, cooking or whatever interests you.

And something to do outside of New York ~ if you get a little money take a trip to South America. I LOVE Montevideo, Uruguay. I live there part of the year. And Buenos Aires, Argentina is just across the river ~ a very glamorous city. You could go to Rio do Janeiro, the most beautiful city in the world in my opinion. It's not really dangerous and you'll get a whole new point of view on the world. You'll start seeing New York in a new way.



No comments:

Post a Comment