Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Handsomest Man in the World ~ Eugene Simon


It is July 4th. I am not keen on national holiday's as the always seem to be very forced. "I am supposed to be having a good time so I will pretend I am." Like family reunions.

But, today is also Handsomest Man in the World day! Eugene Simon who plays Lancel Lannister on "Game of Thrones." I have never seen this show and he looks very young, but a great face.

_____________________________________________

Dear David,
I just asked a friend, "Have you ever met a married couple whom you would like to be like?" He couldn't think of any. What happens when a romantic duo seem to turn into a nagging brother and sister who have to stay together?
~Fear da Marriage

Dear Fearda,
I have been thinking about this a lot. You know the idea that true happiness with children and a loved one at home is a fairly recent idea. Certainly it didn't exist before Queen Victoria in the early 19th century. Before then marriage was a survival arrangement, but Victoria really loved Prince Albert and evidently they had a great sex life so the idea caught on.

As for yourself, gay or straight marriage from my outside view looks like something to do with your life. Not many people grow up and want to do something special with their life that is all their own. It is frightening. But we are all afraid. That's why I admire courage. I say, yes, marriage is fulfilling but only to someone you are crazy about. Compatibility is not as important as wanting to be with that person all the time. And children shouldn't distract you. Yes, going through life with someone you are nuts about is great. But don't let security lead you to a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment