Monday, June 4, 2012

My lover is interested in women...

Dear David,
My lover has suddenly said he thinks he's interested in women. Never has before. He is in his late 20's. I am five years older. This kind of makes me panicky. What should I do?
~ Strictly Homosexual

Dear Strictly Homosexual,
Interesting. There is a biography on Duncan Grant's daughter, Angelica Garnett. Duncan was as very gay English painter who had a daughter with his best friend's wife, Vanessa Bell (Virginia Wolfe's sister). You're saying to yourself, "Who the hell was Virginia Wolfe?" Ok, so you know nothing about the Bloomsbury Group. Read up about it, it's all very interesting. Men who were with men AND women as well. Back to your problem...

If it was me I would be very cool. Remember, you've got one "thing" no woman has. And I think if he has been gay so far, he's not going to want to get along without it, women or no women. Just be sure to be available sex wise and otherwise be mature and tolerant in your attitude. Once he sees you're not particularly upset it will blow over. He may fool around a little, but I don't think he's going anywhere long term.

No comments:

Post a Comment