Monday, April 2, 2012

Feeling Like A Fool After April Fool's Day


Dear David,
Yesterday was April Fool's Day. My partner fooled me if I'm correct. He supposedly went into work but when I called, a coworker said he was not there. I'm a grown-up and I don't think he has any plans to leave me. We've been together a longish time. But what would you do?
~Perplexed

Dear Perplexed,
Did you ever hear of the revenge f#*k? That's what I did. It happened to me a couple of times and instead of getting all worked up which would just make me look silly, I just made a rendezvous with someone I liked. And I went and did it. I never mentioned it and never discussed the mysterious day at the office. It made me feel better and we have been fine ever since. I think he knows I know something but chooses to ignore it. He feels a little guilty and that's great by me. Maybe I'm a little jaded but I don't think you should throw away your relationship just because someone slips off the track. Can you slip off the track yourself? Think about it. After all, you are sophisticated grownups, not some dopey couple in Wichita.

No comments:

Post a Comment