Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year! Don't you have the feeling that 2012 is going to be great?! Maybe some things will be ending but other things will be starting and it could all go our way. Here's our first inquiry of 2012!

Dear David,
I have a friend, more an acquaintance, who is not only gay but very much of the traditional school with a high pitched voice, lots of exaggerated hand gestures, that walk as though he's wearing a tight skirt. You know, one of those guys who seems to have graduated from the Eve Arden school of charm. There aren't even any women around anymore like that. I feel that guys like this give being gay a bad name. Tell me. Should I try to make him act more butch?
~Confused About All This

Dear Confused,
You homophobe. Your acquaintance is just who he is. I don't think being 21st century gay menas acting like a baseball-paying heterosexual. It means live and let live. As you've heard me say many times. "You're always somebody's type." Someone out there is looking for a twitchy little honey just like him. On the other hand, you don't have to hang around with him if he makes you uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment