Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Is it Hot in Here or is it Just Me?


Hey! I am going to be on the Huffington Post blog tomorrow. They asked me to write an article about how I came to write "How to Be Gay in the 21st Century." Of course, I feel that I am not worthy, but you know how I love publicity! Click here for the link and please bookmark the page and visit tomorrow. My PR guy and blog mistress tell me that this is really important, so please check it out and comment, respond, repost on twitter and facebook, do whatever comes to mind, please!

I am starting work on a new book Hitting 70 Doing 100 and my new novel for Spring has gone to the printer Meaningless Hugs, Meaningless Kisses about being gay over 70. Some people want me to write my memoirs. I don't know. But I have a great title, Is it Hot in Here or is it Just Me? I think my writing is just like my acting. I am not very talented but I get it done and people like it. So I plunge forward. Sorry to write so much about myself but I guess it is my blog.

_________________________________________

Dear David,
Is it inevitable in every relationship that the sex becomes more routine and dwindles away?
~Dwindling

Dear Dwindling,
There is a song title there somewhere...Dwindling While You Cuddle Near Me. No my darling, no, no, no. You have heard this from me many times, but I was with someone for thirty years and I never didn't feel like sleeping with him. Did I push his buttons the same way? I think not but I always held his interest.

The thing with men is that you have to make them want to own you. They should not want anyone else to have you. As I say in my book and in my new show based on the book - You have to look good and always be fun to be with. What is crucial is that you have a life separate from him. Your job, your music, your writing, your something that doesn't include him and you like it a lot. I saw the movie My Week with Marilyn last night and was reminded of her song, After You Get What You Want You Don't Want It. I don't care if you've been married thirty years, they should always feel somewhere you are having a good time without them. My quote, "Always leave as though you are going somewhere more interesting." Then they want to hold onto you sexually.

1 comment:

  1. Just read the Hunington post.

    "I think we owe a lot of this new century's attitude to younger people, who really are not uneasy about gayness, whether they are gay or not."

    I love that line!

    You forget that it was our generation that stood up and said "we don't care who you are!"

    ReplyDelete