Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Disappointed Romantic

Dear David,
I have taken your advice and am pursuing romance instead of one-night stands. This last week I went out to a small nightclub across from where I live in Wilton Manors in Fort Lauderdale. I ran into a younger man who seemed to like me. We went dancing a bit at a nearby club. Walked down the street hand-in-hand to my place and had a sexual encounter.

Here is my problem. He was just coming off a 16 year relationship. I don't like, or should I say, I find it difficult to have sex with these long-term relationship men as that have a very programmed idea of what they want to do sexually. It is what they have been doing for years. It usually isn't what I want to do. I found romance but it wasn't the romance I wanted. What should I do?
~Disappointed Romantic

Please D.R.,
Do not give up hope. Here's what I recommend. Do what they want to do. That's what I do. You are just getting the relationship off the ground. Sex clash by sex clash you will start doing things you want to do also. It is better to give than to receive you know.

I think for a lot of gay men the one-night stand is just a little step up from masturbation. Their partner is sort of like a breathing life-size Ken doll. You have to get past that. You are in bed with your clothes off with another person. Now, of course, if you don't like that other person when you get to know them you can always just get up, get dressed and get out of there.

Don't forget
I will be at Bar 721 this Friday April 15th from 7-10pm. Tell your friends~

No comments:

Post a Comment